View Single Post
Old 05-02-14, 08:39 AM
Wesley36

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rideaz
i fell over at a stop light between Christmas and new year (go ahead laugh) and landed on my wrist, I think I maybe fractured it but never went to the doctor. I had the same swelling and painful to move my fingers, it was hard to shift and pull on the brakes but I ended up taping my hand up with kinesio tape until the swelling went down. It hurt for a couple months, I finally was able to put my full weight on my hand and do push ups about a month ago.
maybe the Gabba jersey has bad ju ju?
Dang, I guess the lesson here is that I need more HTFU! Had it looked at, got poked and prodded, I was asked to pull and push in various directions, looks like it is a sprain, not a break.

I am due for a recovery week soon anyhow (my training cycle is a bit messed up at the moment), might take it easy for a few days and see how it feels. Feeling very relieved.

And bite your tongue re: the Gabba jersey! It is probably one of the best pieces of kit I have for spring racing (and most of the upgrade points that are up for grabs seem to come early in the season where I live). And I scored it for just a hair less than $100, including shipping. I have watched more of said cartoon than I would like (with my 6 year old), I prefer to think of it like this:

I might just be too much of a boring Dad to be fooling anybody but myself tho.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ramones_gabba-hey-2.jpg (86.1 KB, 1 views)