Old 05-02-14, 08:50 AM
az_cyclist

Bikes: Trek Domane 4.5, Trek 1500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by maximum15
I called it quits at that 60 mile sag station. I was so cold coming up to it that I couldn't shift without looking where my fingers were touching the levers (shimano). I could see blue skies in the distance and kept thinking it would be okay if they would just get to me. Luckily my wife drove from home to see how I was doing because it had started raining. I put my bike in her car at that sag stop and went back to Oggi's to get my truck and go back to pick up a couple of friends from the fire station. They told me of one rider who went on to finish from the station -- perhaps that was you. My garmin temp showed 44F, combine that with the rain and wind chill and you can understand why so many called it quits. I am impressed you finished it. And those bullshifters set a blistering pace for the first 40 miles. Me and my friends had to let them drop us at the 40 mile sag stop.
Thanks, maxumum15, but as I said I had warmed up, I felt good, and it was sunny. I may have been the only rider who had been in the fire station to complete, but I think a few others after me did complete the ride. At least I heard there were 4 rides behind me when I was at the last sag.

The rider who pulled for most of the first 40 miles is a very strong rider.