Old 05-02-14, 09:20 PM
carleton
Elitist

Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Originally Posted by Quinn8it
What have you Hellyer guys who have come down to LAV found the difference on 200m's to be?

my highly limited experience with 333's:
1)exactly 1 200m at Indy (ridden poorly but still within a 10th of my then best)
2) comparing times from riders i know at LAV and San Diego Velodrome
has led me to believe that LAV is not really much faster over that distance than a good 333m.
especially if you are not pretty knowledgeable about how to ride LAV- in particular the wind-up..

any thoughts from guys who have ridden both?
When it comes to events 500M and under, I don't think LAV is as fast as people assume it to be. It could be faster for long, steady-state events being that it's shielded from wind.

For flying 200M and Standing 500M (Elite, Junior, Male and Female): I've watched racers go from DLV to LAV and expect faster times and not be rewarded. They came out about the same. The same for the Superdrome.

I actually believe that Rock Hill is faster than LAV due to it's smoother turns that don't seem to scrub off speed. At LAV, I distinctly remember having to fight my way out of the turns to regain my speed after diving into them. I didn't have to do that so much at Rock Hill.

Last edited by carleton; 05-02-14 at 09:29 PM.