Old 05-05-14, 03:55 AM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1743 Post(s)
Liked 1,280 Times in 740 Posts
Why does 50+ exist?

Recently some threads that I have started here in 50+ have been moved to the A&S forum because there are some who believe "that is where they belong." I think this misses the point of 50+. Every forum in Bike Forums is established by content (Framebuilders, A&S, Hybrid bicycles, Mountain biking, et. al.) However there is one exception and that is 50+. It is created by demographic. And, I make the assumption, that is to allow us to express our views with a perspective that may only come with age and (hopefully) wisdom. Virtually any cycling related topic in 50+ can be put in another forum based on content. This is a slippery slope. When does it stop? And, ultimately, if we keep moving topics to other fora why even have a 50+ forum? Is this what we who inhabit 50+ really want? I think it is for us to make our wishes known. If we, as a group want to keep reporting and moving threads, then so be it. In my opinion it will diminish and potentially end 50+ but that's just my opinion. I will be happy to move on to other fora or websites but something unique will have been lost in my opinion. Thanks for listening.