Old 05-06-14, 01:27 PM
raqball

Bikes: BMC Alpenchallenge

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I'm lucky that this shop is a block from my house.

Originally Posted by indyfabz View Post
Fortunately, Philly has a shop that often has several LHTs, Cross Checks and Stragglers in stock. It's also the home of Fuji America.

You can find the LHT frame geometires on Surly's web site. They tend to have longer top tubes, which is why trying to compare your 58cm road bike to an LHT is probably not the way to go. Also, is your 58cm road bike measured the same way as the LHT? Does it have funky sized/shaped tubing that will skew the measurement if it's measured center to center?

To give you some frame of reference, I am 6'2" with a shortish inseam for someone my height. A long 32"/short 33". I ride a 60cm LHT. If you looked at standover clearence alone, some people would say it is too large for me. But I like the way it fits "up top".

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Trek's web site also shows frame geometries for the 520. Fuji might, as well.
Thanks!

I am in the LA area and none of the REI's that I called have LHT in stock...

I did just have a lengthy conversation with one REI store and he suggested the Novara Randonee Bike as an alternative..

I've never head of this bike before but he could not stress enough that it's an awesome touring bike.. Plus as an REI member I'd get back about $120 (10%) with the purchase..

Novara Randonee Bike - 2014 at REI.com

They have a Large and an X-Large in stock for me to try..

Thoughts on this bike?