Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by hillcrawler
I am already seeing expert #4 next week. Problem is this thing is really complicated and I think cyclists experience might be more helpful than the doctor's suggestions.

The thing is I have inflammation right now all over my knees and I did nothing but sitting at my office desk whole day. Well I walked maybe a mere mile to get to the car which picks me on the road. And I took short breaks to get up and walk around during the day as Machka suggested but I can't get rid of that damn inflammation! I am taking 800mg ibuprofen daily since a week but it doesn't help. If it helps it is only for few hours. I have already stopped riding since 5 weeks. What else I can do?
If you really do have inflammation and if you are taking that much ibuprofen, you really do need to get to the doctor, get a complete physical (bloodwork and all), get your joints checked, and follow what the doctor has to say.

We can tell you rest, ice, elevation ... and we can suggest you check various other factors (such as your chair at work, the clothing you're wearing when you cycle, etc.) as I did in that other thread, but we can't offer much more than that.

And this might not be cycling-related at all. You say you haven't been cycling for 5 weeks, and yet you're experiencing inflammation? To me, that doesn't sound cycling-related. It could be any number of other things which is why we keep recommending going to the doctor and getting thoroughly checked. Perhaps it is arthritis. Perhaps you've got high or low iron levels. Perhaps it is a more serious disease. When you see your doctor, tell him or her all your symptoms, and all the details about when this started and what has happened since then.

Last edited by Machka; 05-06-14 at 05:14 PM.