Old 05-07-14, 12:46 PM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
Originally Posted by K1196A
Can't believe I forgot to add a pic of it with the carbon fork. I know some of you won't like the modernization, but as Robbie once told me... this thing is like a "hot rod" version now! LOL

Presently she sits as pictured except that the wheels were swapped out for Mavic Aksiums and I threw on an all black FSA Gossamer compact crank to get it setup for the hilly areas around here. I guess I'll owe another pic at some point.

There is nothing more fun than passing people, while riding a bike like that. Hot Rod is an understatement.
Unless it's listening to what they say to each other afterwards.

I once took a Miami Vice IM to a large century, with Campy polished Vento's, full 8-sp Chorus, yellow saddle, wrap, housings.
I thought it was ace.

At every stop, I'd put it by a table and walk away. It always drew of crowd of a-women and b-their NOT impressed boyfriends. I heard one guy say, "Ugh, it's steel, and it's pink. I wouldn't be caught dead riding that." To which she replied, "I don't think he has that problem;, he's been ahead of us since he passed us at the beginning."

At the time, I was approaching, intending to correct the aforementioned miscreant, but I think she did a better job than I could have, and I left it at that. He will always hate that bike, and I will always appreciate her legs and insight.
Likes For RobbieTunes: