Old 05-07-14, 12:55 PM
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 280 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2197 Post(s)
Liked 4,599 Times in 1,764 Posts
From The Hague (you may have heard of it) to Vrouwenakker (you probably don't want to know). A 30-mile ride back from work, because of non-optimal planning. I'd sold my car and agreed with the buyer to deliver it in The Hague where I work. When I told mrs non-fixie she asked: 'and how are you going to get home? I'm not available to pick you up.' .... Uhhh ..... well ..... I ... uhhh ...

So this is how I arrived at work this morning. Happy it didn't rain, as there was no way I could have closed the top:

The ride home was nice, though. The expected rain showers did not arrive, there was a fierce tail wind, and the scenery was, well, 'polderesque':

When I took this picture I made three observations:

1. I should move the saddle forward half an inch, for comfort and looks
2. My little seat bag with my tools and spare inner tubes is NOT hanging from the saddle
3. I'm an idiot

I'd apparantly left my seat bag lying on the floor near the office exit. I'll probably never see it again

Forgot to bring a water bottle as well, so I stopped for a drink in Woubrugge. The Coke can is orange-colored, and says 'Hup, Holland, Hup', to make us win the soccer world cup next month: