Old 05-09-14, 07:34 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
Originally Posted by rccardr
Seypat, let me know if your're doing Thunder Ridge, always interested in meeting fellow C&V'ers! I've been training on Skyline Drive, similar hills- long and steep!
Yes, I will be riding in it. It will be my 3rd year. As it draws close I will PM you with info so we can meet.
We don't really have the terrain in Richmond to train for that ride. So I do most of mine at the gym on a spin bike. I set it on a climbing program and go till I run out of gas.
Robbietunes, how far are you from Lynchburg, Virginia?

You should come up and join us on this ride! If the weather is good it is an awesome ride. The director is a cyclist. It is the best organized ride I have been on. Toughest event I have done so far also. My tri buddy is supposed to come as well. He usually does Mountains Of Misery but couldn't this year. I can get a roll away bed for the hotel room if need be. Or I have good camping gear. It's on the 18th. Take a look.

Storming of Thunder Ridge -- May 18, 2014 -- Registration is NOW OPEN !!! | Storming of Thunder Ridge Storming of Thunder Ridge - www.stormingofthunderridge.org