Old 05-10-14, 09:09 AM
MattoftheRocks

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 23 Posts
Thanks RollCNY, 9 days really is not that awful. I have several times done 200+ mile days (food prepped the night before and going straight from bed to the bike and only stopping to dump and drain), but those were on very flat routes spending very little time on the saddle and starting before the sun was fully up and getting home quite a bit after the sun had set. So, including the celebration day and a significantly more sane day to day riding schedule, I'd be looking at a 18-20 day trip. Thats probably fine.

Mulveyr, I wouldn't say I'm in top notch shape, as I don't sprint too very often and really can't keep pace with some of the faster locals for more than ten or so miles, but I do do at the absolute very least twenty miles every day, often two to three times that before work and am on my feet all day long every day except Sunday. I'm no racer for sure, but I'm no slouch either.

Steamer, that is an awesome screenname! I really like it. For years, my life has been too packed to be able to do more than either an insane day ride plus a recovery day or just a mild two day ride + camp. This summer I actually have a couple of months where I am absolutely free to get fat in any which way I choose. I was hoping to cram a ton of little projects including this ride into that timespan, so cutting a couple of projects off really isn't that big of a deal.

Thanks again everybody!