Old 05-10-14, 06:45 PM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Raleigh Pro, Trek Cycle Cross, Mongoose tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2924 Post(s)
Liked 1,186 Times in 837 Posts
Originally Posted by spinnaker View Post
Yep you understand it exactly. The cable is not going to pull through because the cable is not crushed either do to my twisting or perhaps it was already crushed by the LBS on initial install. Besides there is that end cap that is crimped to the end of the cable that would need to be removed anyway. So it is an install once and if reinstalled I need to replace the primary cable?

So if I need to disconnect the cable for disassembly for a tour, I would disconnect the straddle cable from the brake set instead? Seems that is a lot easier.
Yes, dissconnecting the clip from the straddle cable, if possible, is far better then dealing with anchor bolts. If the cable run has an adjusting barrel then the slack to unclip the clip is easier to be had.

Don't forget to bring along on your tour a primary cable (both gear and brake) just in case. Andy.