View Single Post
Old 05-11-14, 11:03 AM
Zoxe

Bikes: Giant Cypress DX, Bianchi Imola, Surly Cross Check 105, Twin6 Standard TI FSU

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 22 Posts
This folder tends to be quieter than many here; this is a VERY bike centric board.

In racing or watching at several different USAT-sanctioned races, I've never seen anyone weighing bikes or checking for UCI stickers. At my race yesterday, the USAT folks were visible and friendly in the transition area prior to the race. They were checking everyone's handlebar ends and making sure bikes were racked properly (one bike facing the wrong direction causes chaos on a tight pit), and trip hazards were out of the aisles.

They were also on the bike course on motorcycles looking for safe conditions (no draft rule).

Since your in Northern IL, I'll recommend the Naperville Sprint in August if you're looking for races to cut your teeth on. Our group did that race for 3 seasons; first one we missed was last year. It has been very well run. It's a good venue, and its only downfall is its popularity (~2000 people, the course gets crowded, especially in the pool).