View Single Post
Old 05-12-14, 08:52 AM
GeorgeBMac

Bikes: 2012 Trek DS 8.5 all weather hybrid, 2008 LeMond Poprad cyclocross, 1992 Cannondale R500 roadbike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NutriLogic View Post
Thanks for expanding on what I had already suggested. Glad someone agrees.

The only thing I would add to that, and also add for yourself, is research some vitamins and nutrients a little closer. RDA's are crap (for lack of a better word). ... .
Sorry, I had missed your original post --but having gone back and read it, I do agree...

And, I do agree that the RDA's are not entirely reliable --they are pretty much just 'educated guesses'. But, I have also been reluctant to use other sources. I will take them into account for specific nutrients -- and use them as differing opinions...

Your example of vitamin D is well played: Despite getting a lot of sunshine, my vitamin D level was only 35. It wasn't 'deficient' by most criteria -- but lower than I ever would have expected based on a fairly balanced diet and lots of sunshine...

I think that discussion on the RDA's is all part of what needs to happen: We ned a LOT more basic, extensive, unbiased research into all facets of nutrition and the metabolic processes...