View Single Post
Old 05-14-14, 07:16 PM
Skullman
Membered

Bikes: Columbia Trail Head RM AL 6062 Transformation Mode, Schwinn Classic Cruiser, Myata Grand Touring 210

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the photo and explanation/description of Your Trail a Bike Cargo Conversion! After reading your posts I see exactly why you designed it this way! Very specific needs very specific design! Very Cool JustSayMo Very Cool! I have a Bell Sports Aluminum Kids 2 Wheel Trailer I partially converted to Cargo. It works great for most of my towing & carrying needs. But I find that Certain Rides, Conditions or being in a Crowd like a Festival, Farmers Market, Street Fair the 2 Wheel Cargo Trailer can get in the way. I need to pay more attention to the Trailer then I really want to. I have clipped folks, stands, other bikes or folks have stumbled into or tripped on the trailer in close quarters.

One day I was checking out a parked Trail a Bike and saw the potential for a inline cargo trailer. I started running designs thru my mind what are my towing/carrying needs then reached out to the net for ideas. Other then the Commercial Single Wheel Trailers available and the Fat Tire Bikes Single Wheel Custom Cargo Trailers yours was the only posting I could find of an actual build!

I’m plan on going with a Long Rack like we’ve seen on the Long Cargo Bikes or Tandem Cargo Conversions. I have Panniers for the Front part of the Long Rack and a Larger set of Heavier Duty Water Proof Motorcycle Canvas style Saddle Bags to use on Rear of Rack over the Wheel of trailer to handle Heavier Loads. I want the option of Removable Covered Square Buckets that attach to the Rack on either side of the Wheel for specific loads. The same Buckets you see on some Cargo Bikes. A Foldable Basket to mount on top to toss items in like at Markets and Fairs. In Bag Mode the Trail a Bike Cargo with it’s more narrow profile will Work Better in Crowds and on the More Narrow Bike Trails I have been exploring/experiencing here in Pierce County Washington. I’m just waiting to get into my new place so I can get started on the build. Here’s some photos of what has inspired me with my design. The First One is of a Specific Built Trailer that I can find No Info about!? I have tried contacting the owner with no luck. From her posts she acquired it through a LBS but has no info about it at all.

If anyone knows anything about this Purpose Built Cargo Trailer Please Speak up!
[IMG][/IMG]

This is a Very Specific Built Trail a Bike Trailer
[IMG][/IMG]

Someone Really put some Thought into this design!
[IMG][/IMG]

Here she added the Square Buckets for Saddle Bags
[IMG][/IMG]

The Bucket Saddle Bags are Real convienient and keeps items Dry in the Rainy North West
[IMG][/IMG]
Again, if anyone has any information about this Cargo Trailer Please Post or PM me! Skully

I like the Trek Trail a Bike for a Cargo Donor. The seem to be on the lighter side then most, plus Foldable!
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Also, I like Certain Versions of the Adams Trail a Bike for a Donor
[IMG][/IMG]

The Adams Trail a Bike Hitch is a Very Stout Unit!
[IMG][/IMG]

I like the Capacity of this Long Rack but would have to use lighter material to keep weight down. Designed to Fit donor.
[IMG][/IMG]

OK, just found out you can only post 10 photos per post??

I like the idea of a Custom Built Rack on the Trail a Bike Donor. I'm not set up for Welding Aluminum so maybe it's time to Try Brazing using the EMT Conduit? I have seem some good results utilizing that material.

Also, I could see using a Couple of the Commercially available Aluminum Bicycle Racks out there Butted up against each other modified to fit the Trail a Bike.

Any input and suggestions are welcome!

Skullman