Old 05-18-14, 10:10 AM
andyprough

Bikes: Motobecane

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GriddleCakes
The bike isn't a joke (which is to say that it's real), but this thread probably is.

I'm pretty sure that I saw this bike on Bike Snob's blog sometime in the last year; one of these "re-imaginings" of the bicycle by some art design major with zero engineering experience or education, who also has apparently never ridden a bike.
I just scanned a few thousand images from Bike Snob's blog for the past couple of years and saw NOTHING that even closely resembles these pictures. Tineye.com returns zero hits from anywhere on the internet for any of the photos. Seems like you should have to cite a specific image if you are going to call someone out as a liar like that.

NormanF
The late Sheldon Brown wrote you should really have a front brake on a fixed gear bike on the road.
Yup - Fixed Gear Bicycles for the Road - by Sheldon "Coasting Is Bad For You" Brown, revisions by John "Track Stand" Allen -
This same feel for traction will help you learn exactly how hard you can apply your front brake without quite lifting the rear off the ground. Most fixed-gear riders only use a front brake--a rear brake is quite unnecessary on a fixed-gear machine.
Ride on, fixie lovers, ride on...