View Single Post
Old 05-19-14, 11:43 PM
nfentis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK everybody i registered to this forum for this one reason. I have the solution. Just for a quick heads up i did use the WD-40 method but i have some extra tips to make it a bit more easier. (Hint: this job is better when done outdoors or in a garage. This is because of the cooler air).
1. obtain these items:
-bike with seat post stuck in frame
-WD-40
-flashlight
-a small type wrench
-wire coat hanger
-someone to help
2. First shine the flashlight into the frame hole and spray WD-40 around the sides of the seat post
3. Wait about 5 minutes
4. again spray WD-40 around the edges of the lodged seat post in the frame
5. wait about 2-3 minutes
6. obtain the wire coat hanger and unravel it until it is straightened out
7.once the wire is straight, using the wrench, make a nice hook out of the wire. Kinda like this
l
l
l
--
8.Have someone pick up the bike and have it on its back wheel. Kinda like a standing wheely. Make sure they are standing on the opposite side of the hole. For example the bottom of the bike is facing them, while the top of the bike and seat hole is facing you.
9. Take your wire hook and slide it down into the tube and grab the bottom of the seat post with the wire. Pull the wire slowly and hard, don't do jab movements. While pulling have the someone pull the bike towards them so you both add in your strength. (Hint: This takes a lot of patience, don't get angry. Most of the time the hook will slide off and you will have to slide it down the hole again)
10. The rod will slide out far enough where you can grab and pull it out.
11. cheer and celebrate, you accomplished something.

Ok now a new lesson is learned here. Always tighten the seat onto the post first before placing the seat onto the bike. Also if you want to replace the seat of the bike, make sure you take the full seat and pipe out first, attach the new seat onto the rod outside of the bike, then place it into the frame.

Have a good day.