View Single Post
Old 05-21-14, 07:27 PM
Soonerinfrisco

Bikes: Specialized Allez cromoly, Fisher Paragon 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Campag, if I wanted the voice of reason I would have asked my wife! LOL. You however are correct. The Felt is incredibly stiff and responsive yet rides very nice. I think it is a better value considering the components and the wheelset, CXP22s, which I could probably actually ride. In person it looks good too, better than on the web. It's actually pretty sharp. But it is not overly upright without quite a bit of work. I think a longer stem might get me there but the Roubaix was a very nice fit as it sets. I think the first time I rode them, I rode the Roubaix first then a Trek Domane and then the F4. Compared to the Domane it is a fairly upright position, but not as much as the Roubaix. Now comes the tricky part....

I decided that I really want the Expert. Definitely feels different in the saddle. Full Ultegra, FACT10, better wheels and carbon crankset. Of course it is stickered at 3600 vs 2000. I'm getting 1000 for my Tarmac, minus my wheelset and they will credit me the Fulcrum wheel set at their cost. So about 2250 OOP. If I were my wife, I know I could negotiate the Expert because, as we all know, marriage is a series of bartering. Trying to figure out how I can pull this one off.....

Either way it will be a Roubaix.