View Single Post
Old 05-26-14, 07:40 PM
koffee brown

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by brianipmh
Hello, my name is Brian and I'm a beginner to cycling. I bought a hybrid bike (Giant Escape) a month ago hoping to try out cycling and I've been in love with it since day one.

Prior to my purchase, I have not ridden a bike in about 6 years and I was never a bike-to-everywhere kid so I'm pretty much still a beginner. The problem is though, is that it

seems like I have not improved after a month of what I consider decent training for a noobie. I rode about 120 miles/week at 15/16 mph for a solid month and for the past two

days I was hoping to speed up to a constant pace of 16~17 mph for at least an hour and I just couldn't do it. I've ridden 15mph for 2/3 hours non-stop but when I tried to

bump it up to 17 mph for an hour, I simply could not. I've always tried to climb the small amount of hills I have in my area and sometimes do some intervals but my biking

muscles just aren't building up. This is really frustrating to me and I'm really hoping to hear some advice from some more experienced people. Thank you.
Dood, it's been a month. Like I tell everyone I start training (I'm a personal trainer), you've got to crawl before you walk, and walk before you run. It's about putting in the time. With time and training consistency, you'll see results. If you're serious, you may want to consider keeping a journal as well. The progress will be slow, and may not be as perceptible, but if you're keeping track, you'll see the small changes when you go back through your journal and track your overall progress over the next year.

koffee