Old 05-28-14, 02:15 PM
smallwheeler

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
That's an amazing space. My wife and I live in a loft in the West Village. Our ceilings are "only" 10 feet high.

I know I should do the Bushwick-to-Flushing trip one day. I'm sure it would be an eye opener. I've taken the Transportation Alternatives NYC Century ride, and it's pretty amazing.

My daughter is in a still-very-dirty part of Bushwick. One night, walking her dog, a whole pack of rats pass right in front of them. Her dog is crazy for rats, which is inconvenient. Suddenly, my daughter looked down and saw a dead rat in the dog's mouth. My daughter had to remove it from the dog's mouth.
it's an amazing ride. you get to transit maspeth, ridgewood, woodside, elmhurst, corona park, etc. if you detour slightly south, you can ride through forest park which is huge and "unknown". i "discovered" it accidentally. passing through each neighborhood is like cycling through different countries. polish, ukrainian, malaysian, italian, indonesian, indian, chinese, ecuadorian... you can make a real "foodie" tour out of it.

imagine: perogies and borscht, nasi lemak and sate, handmade italian sorbet, sayur lodeh and rendang, dim sum, and catfish tacos.

i used to fret over having to host friends when they come from out of town. now, it's easy. i just take them on this ride... it's just one of many possible versions of a "real new york" experience.

Last edited by smallwheeler; 05-28-14 at 02:24 PM.