Old 05-29-14, 05:30 AM
bmontgomery87

Bikes: 2013 leader 721. 2015 leader 725. 2012 fuji feather

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sprince
This is a telling statement. You seem to have a complete misunderstanding about "heavy lifting" and general ignorance about lifting in general. When deadlifting 700lbs there may be perfectly legitimate reasons to use the belt, wraps, compression suit, or whatever. I do consider some of these to be cheating if used during competition, but that's just me.

I also have to defend pilates (yoga, martial arts, plain old crunches, etc.) for core training, in spite of your condescending attitude about men and obvious bias towards pilates. There are a number of core muscles that respond particularly well to simple body-weight exercises. A good analogy is working the muscles of the rotator cuff, use too much weight and the larger muscles take over, negating any training effect for the smaller muscles that are absolutely critical to stabilize the joint during heavy lifts.
1. It isn't cheating if everyone else is wearing it. That's like saying gears are cheating in bike races.......
2. Put on some gear and try lifting in it, then tell me it's cheating. I pull less in a suit than I do with one on. Using powerlifting gear is miserable. Belts and wraps are totally different.

Pilates, yoga, etc all have their place in exercise, and could be part of a training program. But everyone should be doing some form of strength training, it's incredibly beneficial.