Old 05-29-14, 09:49 AM
bradtx

Bikes: Cannondale, Trek, Raleigh, Santana

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
JWK, vintagecannondale.com has info in the way of catalogs to see what touring bikes were offered throughout the years.

I have two Cannondale touring bikes, a '95 and a '96. They weigh 26.5 lb. and 26 lb. respectively. They could possibly lose up to about two pounds with a lighter wheel set and 28 mm tires. I've used the '95 unloaded for distance rides and it was very enjoyable. The '96 is my fairly new to me beater bike and I haven't used it much to this point, but the frame sets are identical.

The frame geometry is more relaxed than a roadie or even a CX bike and the wheelbase is also longer than both of those. Frame data is available in the catalogs.

Brad

PS The early caliper braked STs, while a touring bike in their day, would be considered more akin to a modern sport tourer. The later ST, the T, the 3.0 T and the CAAD2 T are very similar though evolutionary. The 3.0 and CAAD2 are identical WRT the level top tube touring Cannondales. The last Cannondale touring bike had a sloping top tube and wishbone rear seat stays.

Last edited by bradtx; 05-29-14 at 03:32 PM.