Old 05-30-14, 08:24 AM
RyeRey521

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Balancing commuting and fast club rides...

Hey Guys,
I haven't posted in quite some time, but have come across a situation where I need some advice. Last year I started commuting fairly regularly on a cheap bike I built up which was the only road bike I owned. I commuted and did longer rides after work to get some miles under me. Well a year later and I own an all out race bike, cx bike, mtb, and still have that commuter, but I have severely slacked on actually commuting. The reasoning (I give to myself) that I have not commuted has been because I enjoy the group rides I do with local clubs after work, and if I commute, I will not be able to ride at the same level. I race almost every weekend and do well for my size and ability.
My question to you guys is if any of you balance group rides after work with commuting and if it has affected any of you as it has me. I was commuting 5 days a week for 5-6 months before I started getting invited to come ride with others at a different level from my solo rides after work. I am interested in starting commuting again (For multiple reasons), but fear my racing and training will suffer. Any Advice?