Sixty Fiver
Bicycle Repair Man !!!

Bikes: See my sig...

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 96 Posts
Originally Posted by WNG
Enlighten me as to why you and Frank prefer them. I'm intrigued to know because it seems counter intuitive.
If I can't find any use for it, I'll pm you and you can have it for the cost of shipping.
Awesome.

As far as the high normal front goes, it makes the action of up shifting quick and effortless, gives a nice feel and response when downshifting, and setting up a high normal front derailleur is a joy.

When you shift down tube shifters or barcons the left lever also moved forward which is a little more intuitive although some don't like the low position on bar ends as the bar end then sticks up and people sometimes hit it although this is what happens on the other side when you are in the low gear... a rapid rise rear and standard front solves that.

Suntour's vintage front derailleurs are all really good and when I started cycling seriously in the 80's it was interesting to note that the components that shifted best cost half as much as Campagnolo and less than pretty much everyone else too... my first race bike was equipped with Cyclone Mk2 and this is where my love of Suntour started.