Old 05-31-14, 07:05 PM
WalksOn2Wheels
Vain, But Lacking Talent

Bikes: Trek Domane 5.9 DA 9000, Trek Crockett Pink Frosting w/105 5700

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1525 Post(s)
Liked 81 Times in 42 Posts
So yeah, this bike had an unfortunate run-in with a gate due to user error.

Basically, I had just pulled a safety pin out of my rear tire and was checking to see if the sealant would hold. This was on my commute and I had been through this gate at least a hundred times. I maybe looked ahead to see that it was open and seeing that it was, I returned to checking my rear tire and as soon as I looked up, the gate was right in front of me, half open and pointing towards me.

The upper part of the gate went over the top tube and nailed my leg right above the inside of my left knee. Another section further in demolished the frame. Sad, sad day. Trip to the ER after waiting for my wife to pick me up, and a small fracture on my left knee has me out of commission for a long time.

Anyhow, the worst part is, they don't make this finish anymore, and as much as I loved this bike, I just don't think I can love it in the currently available colors. It was just so perfect. It just kills me.

I already had my eye on the new Trek Boone, and the disc model has hidden fender mounts. They aren't available yet, but I'm going to go ahead and part this one out and start saving my pennies for the Boone.

So, anyone need some slightly scuffed 105 5700? Or a reasonably cheap dynamo hub?