DaveyG
Mad Machinist

Bikes: Old Murray USA mountain converted to fixie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yo from Idaho

Hey everybody! Just started biking to work after I realized I only had a 4 mile commute. I picked up a pristine vintage ladies Free Spirit 10 speed for free, trued everything up, lubed everything, replaced one cable, and started riding. Now I've got another free bike, this one a men's Murray USA mountain bike that I'm turning into a budget single speed. Going to go cable free and run a friction brake hub on it to keep it bare bones. A bit of bio, I'm not new to working on and riding bikes, I used to (6 years and a few hundred beers ago) ride 20+ miles per day as a Mormon church missionary, and then I was a professional motorcycle technician for a time at a Yamaha stealership, before becoming a professional machinist/fabricator/toolmaker. I also spend a portion of my time repairing and restoring vintage and antique firearms, tinker occasionally with vintage motorcycles and boats, among other things. Some call me a jack-of-all-trades, but the truth is I'm just a regular guy with way too many hobbies and way too little time. I'll see if I can upload some pics of my old junk toy collection.