View Single Post
Old 06-05-14, 07:40 AM
lyncch00

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I too am looking at a cruiser for the upright relaxed posture and can't make up my mind. I'm getting up in the years. I live by Pensacola Beach and I do recall riding on the beach road on a beautiful day with some wind. I had a touring bike with 21 gears. Heading to the point was a breeze (excuse the pun) and I didn't take much notice of the wind. On the return trip I had the wind in my face. Without gears I would have walked the bike. This post just sold me on getting at least three gears on my cruiser. I'll stay internal for the minimal maintenance and beach look. Swept back handle bar is great. I like the Electra bikes. Electra coaster for the aluminum or townie, both with three gears. Yes I know the Townie is not a true cruiser but with an upright posture, internal gears, comfortable seat and fat tires I intend to cruise on it. Probably add a cool basket and cup holder. I'm thinking of getting the Townie with 3 gears and changing the handle bars to swept back. Not sure if that is the way to go. Along comes 3 gear townie with balloon tires. Do the balloon tires make that much difference over a bike that already has somewhat fat tires? If somebody with actual ride experience could answer that i would love it! Thanks. Great forum!