View Single Post
Old 06-06-14, 10:30 AM
waiting for my name tag

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyBike View Post
I know. It defies all reason, just like most things bicycle related in New Orleans. Obviously it's the motorists who are shouldering all of the responsibility for not hitting cyclists who are "in their way" and patiently waiting for a gap to pass in the oncoming lane. I just don't have that kind of trust as a cyclist. [my bold]
Speaking more generally here, I tend to trust motorists - even while cycling in what is often considered to be a very unfriendly environment. Though I also do a trust-but-verify visual sweep when it seems prudent.

I watched your video waiting for a door to open then a sidewinder missile to be launched from the handlebars of your Supercorsa. Granted, I have an active imagination.

As I clearly have too much time on my hands today, I googled 22.63, your average speed. By incredible coincidence it happens to be the price, in pounds sterling, of an officially licensed Where's Wally Female Fancy dress costume. Rewatching your video with a closer eye, I spotted this, at 2263 Magazine Street:

Spooky or what?

Originally Posted by JoeyBike View Post
Woodpeckers (bird) heads are designed for taking a beating for instance. And they don't need to do much thinking.
Also staying in compliance with this silly thread: