Old 06-07-14, 05:57 AM
goran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks guys for your help.

Yes, I also did a research after posting here, and now am aware that Surly Troll should be a good replacement. I also went to the bike shop where I bought my bike and asked them. They didn't help me much.

Anyway, I see that Troll is 453mm and they say it can replace my 503mm Suntour with 100mm travel. Can this really work? And what do I get with my geometry with this change? I prefer more upright position while touring so i raised my handlebar for 5 cm, but I have problems with my rear wheel which suffers a lot in that setup. I guess, going to this 453mm fork and leaving bars raised for 50mm should get me to my bike's original geometry? Am I right?

Bezalel, I checked Salsa Firestarter but it says that it is for 29er and 700cc wheel, I have 26''. I found Salsa Cromoto 26'' disc only fork on their site, but again it says 445mm. There must be a reason for this difference from 500mm to around 450mm since they all say rigids like that can replace suspension one. But that is more than 20% difference, hmmm