View Single Post
Old 06-07-14, 01:25 PM
CarinusMalmari

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1643 Post(s)
Liked 213 Times in 124 Posts
Yes, and someone who has the experience, training or knowledge of it realizes that's not that terrifically hard. Gymnast, tumbling, martial arts, any number of ways - you'd know that a large part of it IS instinctive and natural.
Reflexes, instincts and all the other evolved innate behavioral/motoric stuff, will manifest itself spontaneously without any form of learning or training. for example, if falling techniques were a natural reflex/instinct, we would be doing judo rolls and parachute landing falls spontaneously by the time we were toddlers or so. We don't. So despite all the martial arts guru mumbo jumbo, it's not already there, you have to learn it. In an extra twist of irony, I know enough about falling techniques to know many involve active suppression of one of your innate "falling techniques" which would be the reflex to break your fall with your arms.

You're bandying about "reading comprehension" and other patronizing phrases,
If you can't take it, I suggest you stop dishing it out. I even used your own word patterns to be all Captain O. about it.

and it's because you literally know nothing about the subject.
Well, at least I looked at the Wikipedia page for Instinct, you apparently use big words without looking them up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instinct

Instinct or innate behavior is the inherent inclination of a living organism towards a particular complex behavior. The simplest example of an instinctive behavior is a fixed action pattern, in which a very short to medium length sequence of actions, without variation, are carried out in response to a clearly defined stimulus. Any behavior is instinctive if it is performed without being based upon prior experience (that is, in the absence of learning), and is therefore an expression of innate biological factors.

Last edited by CarinusMalmari; 06-07-14 at 01:39 PM.