Old 06-08-14, 06:57 PM
ISPringle

Bikes: Trek MTB, Fit Bike Co. Mac 3, Shogun 100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by europa
Toe clips and straps are a good move anyway. You don't have to pull them tight, mine are permanently set just tight enough to get into - you'll always be able to wrench out if you have it. An added advantage is being able to wear whatever shoes you want to though if you sweat like I do, you'll have a set of shoes dedicated to the bike - I wear a pair of skate shoes and in summer, they'll come when I whistle (they stink).
I've been wearing my trusty Converse on my rides (just went for a quick 8 mile sprint, was feeling guilty about packing away three plates at the Indian buffet). More and more I think about it, the less and less I want clip ins, this is a 30 year old entry level bike after all. No sense getting fancy where I don't need to be. One day I'll get a fancy bike and then I will go all the way.

Brooks saddles work very well and you can wear anything you like riding on them ... once you and the saddle get used to each other. Some people don't like them though - saddles are really personal.
I was just talking about Brooks saddles. Definitely think I'd take one, people say you need 500 miles to break it in, at my rate that'd be only two or three weeks down the road! But they are comfortable enough as is? Because this was what I was intending on getting anyways, just wasn't sure if they were comfy or not.

Yes, I've been quickly coming to the conclusion that people think I'm weird because I only have one gear, might as well meet their expectations! Although I really do want to wear those bibs and jerseys because I'd look darn sexy, although honestly I'd probably never be able to bring myself to wear them outside of my house without something on over it. But I found a bib and a jersey which are cheaper than my normal compression clothes, so to me that's a deal I can't just pass up!

If your bike's set up properly, you don't need the funny kit, there's just nothing wrong with choosing to use it if you want to.
What's a funny kit?