View Single Post
Old 06-10-14, 07:41 AM
jimmuller 
What??? Only 2 wheels?

Bikes: 72 Peugeot UO-8, 82 Peugeot TH8, 87 Bianchi Brava, 76? Masi Grand Criterium, 74 Motobecane Champion Team, 86 & 77 Gazelle champion mondial, 81? Grandis, 82? Tommasini, 83 Peugeot PF10

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked 645 Times in 232 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Looking at the at the map, I think I by-passed Rte 119 via Westford Road to Sandy Pond Road to Ayer Road into Harvard; and back to Boston via Route 117.
On the little 2-night/3-day mini-tour we did last summer with some BF members we took 225 to rt110, then 110 south to the Minuteman Campground. (Some of us, for example us with the tandem loaded to 105lbs, went around the hill on 225 west of Carlisle by going north to Great Brook Farm SF, south along the BF for a short ways, then west on Greenwood Rd to Old Lowell Rd; Griffin works too.) Picking up the narrative...rt110 through Littleton isn't too bad because it has a wide shoulder in most places but it carries a lot of traffic, and there is a fairly tricky section with narrow shoulder on an uphill past a busy ice cream stand. Once we made camp Sharon and I took off along Willow/Westford/Sandy Pond to the supermarket where 225 hits 119. That was a beautiful stretch, and easy with the bike unloaded.

I've contemplated the remaining 110 into Ayer a few times but we've never found ourselves in a position to try it. One previous ride scouting the tour route we did run out to that same Willow/110 intersection via Bruce then looped Sandy Pond around to the rotary, and back 110 to Bruce. Not a bad run.

Last edited by jimmuller; 06-10-14 at 09:31 AM.