View Single Post
Old 06-10-14, 03:57 PM
UmneyDurak
RacingBear

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked 68 Times in 36 Posts
Well I am back from bumming around the Pakistan on motorcycle for three weeks.
The good news is that I wasn't kidnapped by Taliban.
The bad news I crashed motorcycle there about two weeks ago. I had an appointment with ortho today. I have a fractured clavicle and possible tear in rotary calf. The MRI on Monday will confirm the latter. So no racing until July at the earliest, and no intense riding on the bike until late June. I am still hopping to do 4th of July Crit.

The biggest risk if I crash I could displace the fracture and then it's surgery, and even longer recovery. Doctor said I probably shouldn't ride at all, otherwise there is a chance it will take longer to heal. So choice is loose even more fitness by not riding and trying to regain it back, or try to keep some kind of fitness but might take longer to get back to racing. I guess I'll be a 4 for another season.

It could have been much worse. I believe armor in my jacket saved the shoulder, and my boots saved my foot from heavy laceration and broken bones. The boot has a deep cut going through the leather and all the layers. On a foot I just had a small nick, and some bruising.

Last edited by UmneyDurak; 06-10-14 at 04:04 PM.