View Single Post
Old 06-12-14, 02:41 AM
CarinusMalmari

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1662 Post(s)
Liked 226 Times in 131 Posts
Originally Posted by rekmeyata
Your first paragraph is completely wrong, all the accident prevention classes in the world won't prevent all accidents, you live in la la land if you believe that.
Like many bicycle helmet advocates, you seem to lack the ability to absorb information that's more complex than a soundbite or a one liner. Even in part you quote I'm saying this:

Now I agree that you can't guarantee that you prevent all accidents from happening, but you can decimate those statistics

So I'm not wrong, it's just that you can't read very well.

Second paragraph doesn't make any sense either because it doesn't follow what I was originally was conveying.
You were saying that a cycling helmet is on the do-list. Well, it isn't in many, if not most, societies that do a much better job at providing bicycle safety than America. Most notably Dutch and Danish society. It's only logical to follow the advise of the people who perform best.

Third paragraph same as the first, you're wrong.
I've got two countries that prove on a daily basis that bicycle helmets are of little importance to bicycle safety. And a dozen or so that suggest the same. It's not my opinion, it's a fact.

Forth paragraph more nonsense.
Oh irony:

Fifth paragraph is simply your refusal to see facts because they don't agree with your religion. Dutch? the Dutch are even closely related to American roads and behavior of drivers and cyclists. And it's the same organization father...the US government...that statistically proved that wearing seatbelts saved lives or reduced injury in car accidents and thus were required by law, so you accept the car statistics but not the bicycle one...I see, pick and chose the one you like is your moto.

Last edited by CarinusMalmari; 06-12-14 at 04:04 AM.