View Single Post
Old 06-16-14, 10:29 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmuller
...Thursday was our 37th anniversary so we did a celebration ride today, 41.8 miles…

Jim, Sharon, 37 years is a long ride by any reckoning! Congratulations, and many happy returns.
+10. Dittoes from Jim from Boston, and his “Sweetie,” Sharon too. Not to glom on to your celebration but this year is our 37th also (April 30). We started off with an eight-week cross country honeymoon from LA to DC.

Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
…It was a great way to start married life, since every day we would have to find and set up a homestead for the night in a new environment where we only knew, and could depend on each other. I can remember two distinct times on that trip when either one of us hit low a point, and were bouyed up by the other; me in Kansas and she in Ohio.

BTW, that trip was [37] years ago and we're still together.
This morning I did a 27 mile route from Kenmore Square through Wellesley and Needham into Dover and Westwood to Norwood from about 5:30 to 7:30 AM. On a two-mile stretch in Dover from about 6:15 to 6:30 AM on Centre and Walpole Sts, I saw about eight solo cyclists, and a group of about six. Over the other 25 miles I saw maybe about six cyclists in total at most.

Of note, all those Dover riders were going in the opposite direction, and all were in shorts and short sleeves, while I was in long sleeves and tights, and still chilled. I didn’t really feel warm until about 6:45 and acquired some warm sunshine.