View Single Post
Old 06-17-14, 07:15 PM
Johnny G.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Electric Bike, Electric Bicycle, Power-Assisted Bicycle, Power Trailer, Electric Star
Originally Posted by lildeph
I have a Dui, since federally these are considered bicycles. I got my license suspended and have no public transportation where i live and if i could ride one of these(Which i already bought one) it would be a life saver. Please i know alot of you will say check your local laws,but its useless cuz no one seems to know and i get some people like the registry say that they are considered bicycles but i get the police say that "anything with a motor attached to it,is considered a motor vehical" but the federal government passed an amended law stating that these are bicycles and should not be considered motor vehicals.

Help if anyone knows!!
Look at the info in the link above. This refers to Federal Public Law 107-319, which states that "low-speed e-bike" are actual plain bicycles, and therefore don't require a driver's license, nor a registration, nor insurance. As long as speed is 20 mph max, they have "functional pedals", and motor is not more than 750 watts. I have a Jetson e-bike, and it falls in that category. I have a little pdf document that I carry with me in relation with this law. I was trying to send it to you, but apparently attachments are not permitted on this site.

Good luck. Johnny G.