Old 06-19-14, 12:08 PM
Bikedued

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 60 Posts
Originally Posted by Murray Missile
True, different quarter windows but the overall roofline and from the top of the doors and quarter panels down is the same, body lines are all the same, same wheelbase and putting the Torino roof or even just the quarter window section on the Fairlane lower body would still be WAY cheaper than trying to piece in a rotted floor and 1/4's. IF you could even find replacement panels. I'm standing by $2500 not being out of line at all to the right guy. Friend of mine builds rods, customs and does restoration work. He's done a few upper body swaps like that where the customers bought rust free 4 doors and had their 2 door roof and upper body grafted onto the 4 door floor and trunk pans. They paid that much or more for 4 doors, in 1 case it was the guy's first car he had tracked down 30 years later and he had the money to do whatever it took to restore THAT car even though buying a better one would have been cheaper. New sheet metal simply was not available and using the 4 door donor car saved him several thousand dollars in labor. '67 Plymouth Belvedere with the body and interior restored to original but upgraded with a new 5.7 Hemi and a 6 speed instead of the old 318 2 bbl. and automatic it came with. The 4 door they used was a near perfect Arizona car with 75,000 miles, almost a shame to cut it up but it was worth more as parts than as a whole car.
The roof from the top of the rear window to the rear tail light panel down to the middle of the body is different. This difference starts at the back edge of the side window. The fairllane/base torino has a dip in it, where it is pretty much a straight line on the fastback/GT. Let me find some side view pictures when I get home this evening.,,,,BD

Below the midline, I agree it is the same. Wheelbase is the same too.