View Single Post
Old 06-20-14, 10:02 AM
tandempower

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8084 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Who would know better than the authority/arbiter on living "goodness", and is someone does not live there, nor have any of his own time or money involved?
Because people deserve to be free to stay where they live or move into an area with the choice of how to get around. For this freedom to exist, sprawl can't be allowed to structurally inconvenience every choice besides driving.

Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
A vivid imagination, a belief that free-form wishful thinking is the basis for practical planning, and a willingness to block out any concern or empathy for those who do not share your own vision of "good."
This isn't directly personally against you but I am tired of this argument that everyone is entitled to "their own vision of 'good." All it does is facilitate nonsense claims that relativize points-of-view as a tactic for subverting them. Some things are a matter of opinion and others aren't. Empathizing with people who support clearly unsustainable or otherwise detrimental policies and actions only solidifies a foundation for defending the indefensible.

Last edited by tandempower; 06-20-14 at 10:07 AM.