Old 06-20-14, 12:17 PM
Sunsanvil

Bikes: 2013 Trek DS 8.4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by colonelsanders
after pushing isozone in the seat stays of trek's upper end aluminium hybrid bikes for the last 2 years, trek has now dropped isozone from the seat stays like a hot potato.

I'm keen to hear people's views on this.
1. Does it mean that isozone was a dud or marketing gimmick and if so, how do people with isozone equipped bikes now feel, or

2. Was it a legitimate piece of technology that the market didn't embrace, thus effectively forcing trek to drop it?

I have to say I'm not entirely surprised. I actually bought the 8.4 last year, not because I couldn't swing the cash for the 8.5, but because I didn't want the isozone. Seemed like a gimmick at best and a bad idea at worst. As to why they've dropped it, and this is purely anecdotal on my part, I'm going to go with your first theorem. But that's just me.

What I'm even more curious about is the new cut to the frames. Are they going back to their 29er geometry like the 2012 inaugural year? Or following the rest of the pack and going to for a more upright casual ride, or are they sticking with the somewhat less than ideal mid-posture and just toying with the leading edge of the top tube for looks....

Last edited by Sunsanvil; 06-20-14 at 12:55 PM.