Old 06-22-14, 08:24 AM
CliftonGK1

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Pros on the nose of the saddle are doing so only for TT stages. Look at regular riding position for distance, and you'll see that riders are perched across rear of the saddle.

Looking at the setup you're rocking there, I'm glad that you're happy with your bike, but everything about that makes me cringe as a mechanic.
Your bars are so far forward and low that you're front-weighting really heavy. You've put your steering ahead of your front axle, and I'm amazed that you can descend without flipping over the bars.
More frightening is that the Primo has a carbon steerer, and you're putting a flipped trials stem on it like a breaker bar. That is begging for a faceplant.
Is that seatpost in the frame past the minimum insertion mark?
If you ride nose-heavy on the saddle, you're going to break those rails with having it clamped back so far.

If a shop suggested you ride a 54cm and that's how you have to set it up to fit on it, NEVER go to that shop again.
I'm not trying to be a dick. The shop I wrench at fits and coaches world class TT and Tri racers. I know from dangerous setups, and you *really* need to change some things on that bike.