Old 06-23-14, 01:37 PM
Uncle Randy

Bikes: '74 Schwinn Le Tour, Fuji Newest 2.0, Fausto Coppi Torino,Bridgestone RB-2, CB-1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1930 prewar bike Manton & Smith - $425 (west county)

Prewar Manton &Smith "Special". Lightweight bicycle.Has old Goodyear  26 x 1.375 racing tires,New Departure Model D hubs. Coaster brake. I have had this on my shop wall for years.Looks neat,but definitely shows its age.I don't know what is original to the bike.I assume the wheels and frame,not sure of much else.I added the handlebars, and have the originals. The ones pictueed are new Soma Lauterwasser 1930s style bars.Badge is in good vintage condition.Has a worn old leather saddle.The markings look Âsian. friend suggested it is from an old Raleigh knockoff.The sprocket is a little wobbly. Chain is not on in pictures but is now installed. i have period time pedals, has chrome pedal cages and leather straps.The rear hub is rusty and pitted,the front looks good for its age.The wheels have all of the spokes,spin freely and will need only minor truing.The rims have original paint,with wear,and some paint spatter on the rear one.The handlebar stem is rusty and pitted.The front fork may be original to the bike,but looks a little older to me.The paint is shot,probably an old black repaint,that is very deteriorated.The Tires look good,,but are cracked in one area from sitting flat for years.I replaced the tubes. a while ago.Look at the pictures,and contact me with any questions.

1930 prewar bike Manton & Smith
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
00r0r_cMSFqIwEsIt_600x450.jpg (38.7 KB, 25 views)