View Single Post
Old 06-24-14, 12:59 PM
VegasTriker

Bikes: Catrike 700, Greenspeed GTO trike, , Linear LWB recumbent, Haluzak Horizon SWB recumbent, Balance 450 MTB, Cannondale SM800 Beast of the East

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 227 Times in 179 Posts
If you look up the bike online you will come across bike shops selling this bike in a couple different versions. The difference is the level of components as shown here: Breezer Bikes - Tuckahoe Bike Shop You are likely looking at the lowest level components which are pretty low end. It is not the awful parts level we see in places like WalMart and other mass merchandisers but not what I would want to see on a bike supposedly retailing for $1K. The Tektro hydraulic disk brakes on this bike show up on Ebay as pulls from new bikes where they upgraded to a better brake. The last one listed sold for $52 for the entire set. If you are going to spend that much on a bike you will do way better choosing a bike without low-end suspension and low-end hydraulic disk brakes. I've used high quality hydraulic disk brakes (older Hope C2) and they are fantastic but I would not want really cheap ones over better quality mechanical disk brakes. I'd also rather have a standard bike with better components than one than one that looks spiffy but doesn't work very well.