Old 06-27-14, 04:57 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
I have both the "Take a look" and "The third Eye". While the "Take a look" is an optically better mirror the weight was too much for my glasses causing them to tilt to one side. I couldn't deal with that. Additionally, when I found the perfect spot to see approaching traffic it ended up creating a very big blind spot off to my left. I didn't like that either.

The "third eye" is not as big as "glasses mount" type mirrors go. I found the Third eye more useful mounted to my helmet visor ( with a little electrical tape on the visor to help lessen vibration. Vibration can be a big problem when dealing with mirrors. ) The visual area is not as big as the "Take a look" but for me this works. No blind spots off to my left. As long as I can see approaching traffic I'm good, even if the field of vision and visual clarity is not as good as I might want it to be.

Oddly I misplaced my "third eye" just before the season started ( I actually own two ). Although I don't always feel the need for a mirror I was really missing it on one of my recent road rides. Personally when I ride roads with very little ( or no ) shoulder I really like having the mirror. Luckily I found it again just about a week ago.

Last edited by 01 CAt Man Do; 06-27-14 at 05:03 AM.