genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by kickstart
That's funny,
I'm 50, have driven professionally in all 48 and most of Canada yet I have never seen someone go into a "homicidal rage" over a minor inconvenience, a few may make bad decisions because of ignorance or impatience, but that's it.
For someone who seems to have a strong counter culture, "they did it to us" attitude, I find it odd that you advocate a police state rather than suitable facilities for everyone.........or maybe that's just some mecentric coming through.
But thats ok, we all do it sometimes, it's human nature.
No doubt I have not driven anywhere near the miles you have, but I have to laugh at that "never seen someone go into a "homicidal rage" over a minor inconvenience" statement.

Just in the last couple of days I have watched motorists weave left and right behind some other motorist... in that "hunting for a way around" situation that smacks of desperation... trying to pass on the left (between lanes of traffic) or on the right (onto poor shoulders) only to either be blocked due to the construction of the road or the presence of other traffic, or to somehow pass and race ahead some 4-5 car lengths to the red light. (gee, gained a lot there... idiot.) I even saw a cop do it... if it were an emergency, the cop could have used lights and siren... but apparently doing the weaving desperation thing was enough. (oh and the irony... right behind him was another cop, that didn't do the desperation thing... it was just comical to watch) I saw a motorcyclist do it, and put himself in a damn close call situation by weaving into the path of an oncoming truck. Yeah, the biker just cleared... so golly gosh, apparently legal, just stupid. And those are just a few examples.

Indeed, "homicidal rage" is something of an exaggeration... but I tell you folks are driving like there is some sort of bee in their bonnet... maybe not everywhere... but I see it plenty around here.

Find a seat in a sidewalk cafe near a busy intersection and enjoy your coffee... and keep score... it is amazing what is going on out there... even though death and destruction are not happening with each event, there are quite a few "near events."