Old 06-28-14, 05:01 AM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Roody
That's interesting. It surprised me that tires were the most expensive and that wheels were third most expensive--together more than twice as much as the bike itself.

It's definitely worthwhile shopping around for good deals on the round parts!
He is running top shelf tires, kind of like buying performance tires for a car. One of the guys hat work has a Nissan 350Z his tires are in the $600 a piece range, my Nissan I can get all four for that price.

I did a quick check on the last set of Schwalbe tires I purchased and they were just over $100 for the pair. I full expect them to last for over 10,000 miles of riding which would be roughly two years based on my previous car free living. Given my current mileage those tires may just last me until I retire in 10 years

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon