Old 06-28-14, 08:38 AM
culturejamming

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rowan
The OS analogy is excellent -- because as you point out, there is a large body of information about the OS available on the internet. Based on the overall number of buyers/users of the XP system, and the number of buyers and users of the F300, the amount of available information for each is about par. And I don't see Microsoft offering much for new problems, based on this household's recent experiences... again par with yours with KHS.
Nah, it still doesn't make any sense. Your point with the analogy was that it is difficult to get support for an older product, so you cited old operating systems. I could easily look up "Windows XP" and discover a large amount of information from either an official source or the myriad communities devoted to computer support. With the F-300, there is almost zero information from communities and literally zero information from the company. The proportions of support are irrelevant to the analogy - only the connect you tried, but failed, to make is important.

I'm going to stop harping on KHS now. I posted the experience here to be judged on its own merits. If you guys don't see it as bad CS, then that's fine. I don't need the validation from everyone. I am a big proponent of posting reviews of products, services, etc. so that's why I did it. Support for the F-300 was a corollary point to this thread but, right now, I think I have all the info I need and the bike shop should fill in the blanks.