Old 06-29-14, 10:14 PM
frogalley

Bikes: Bianchis, Merckx, Lemond

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eric S.
I have a 1982 Nuova Racing (entry level) that barely has a serial number at the very top of the seat tube, above the point that the seat stay joins on the drive side. The paint is so heavy in that area that I can only make out the letter A.
Hey Eric,
Thanks for the reply. I did look hard all over the bike, which is a little challenging because there is a amount of abrasions and corrosion, but cannot find anything. I included the pictures of the seat post area, the bottom bracket and head tube to show the typical locations where one might find serial numbers in the past, but that there is no trace of them here. I also looked on the dropouts, inside and out, because I understand that numbers have appeared on other manufacturer's frames on dropouts in the past, but there are no numbers there either. That's another reason I would do a chemical strip of the paint instead of sandblasting: so that I would not obliterate any significant stampings or engravings that might now be covered by the paint.
So the mystery persists.
Do you have any experience seeing raised or embossed numbers on Bianchi bottom brackets?
-W