View Single Post
Old 06-30-14, 02:43 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace, Cannondle Tandem/Ultegra, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Liked 646 Times in 315 Posts
Shipped my bike out again today

For tour #2 for this summer. This time it is headed to Wyoming for the Tour de Wyoming. Shipping one way was only $77 versus $170 taking it on the plane with me. The carrier indicated it should be there in 3 business days which I find very, very fast compared to shipping it out to Colorado for those tours.

My wife is going with me and will be volunteering at rest stops on the ride. If she wasn't going I doubt I'd made the lottery with only 350 spots available. We had 10-12 other local cyclists try and get in but they were not selected. My wife and I will celebrate our 33rd anniversary while camping under the Wyoming skies!! And she is fine with that.

I took the rear derailleur off this time just as a precaution to avoid it getting it bent or broken. I don't need another broken barrel adjuster or twisted hanging bracket. I'm thinking I probably twisted/bent the hanging bracket putting the chain under too much tension while shipping it home trying to keep it from flopping around.

Looking forward to meeting other cyclists on another week long tour!