View Single Post
Old 06-30-14, 07:39 PM
peggyd73

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Not sure what bike you have. Is it a women's specific design and thus has a women's saddle? Some stock saddles are ok once broken in. I have a non-WSD bike and the stock saddle was not a women's specific saddle. I rode on that saddle for 8 months including several metric centuries and a full century w/o issues. Wearing a good pair of shorts with a quality chamois can make a big difference. All that being said, this is your first real ride on the bike and it may just be that you just need time in saddle to get yourself broken in. If you are wearing good shorts/chamois and after a few months the saddle is still not comfortable...find a shop that has a test saddle program and TEST TEST TEST until you find the one that works. Many like the Terry Butterfly but I found the Fizik Vesta worked the best for me. Specialized makes some nice women's saddles as well.

Welcome to the forum and love to see more women out on roads.[/QUOTE]

i bought a unisex bike (Fuji) -- since I'm 6 foot tall and most of my height is in my trunk, a women's specific bike wasn't a fit for me. Wondering if I need a a women's saddle though since my 'soft parts' are still tender even 30 hours after the ride!

I'll have to look into the idea of testing saddles - i like that much better than buying multiple saddles. Any tips on picking a saddle ?