Old 07-02-14, 01:21 PM
Arh0033

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've fallen in love

Hello all,

This is my first post on these forums, I hope to find them informative and to contribute to discussion.
A while back I got an oversized Scwhinn varisty 700 from walmart as a christmas gift, the response my family made when I had talked about how bad it sucked to take the transit and walk to and from class. This bike was important because it reminded me how inefficient walking truly is while also showing that a motor vehicle is unnecessary in the right environment. I found employment at Jimmy John's as a bike delivery boy and soon found that I was in dire need of an upgrade.

In hindsight, it seems like grand universal alignment that allowed me to posses and utilize such an incredible machine.

Not even a week after I began my craiglist hunt for an old steel tube, I found a 54cm lugged Univega Superstrada, at the time I had no clue how much this bike would change my life forever. I met an older man who kept a garage full of bicycles, all meticulously preserved and fine tuned; it was a place of love. This was the place that housed my new best friend. Being the first time I got on a real bicycle, I was astonished by how engaging the experience of the drop handle bars and down tube friction shifters are and truly shocked at the speed and agility of this machine. I paid only 280$ for her, a steal for such an incredible work of art. This was only 7 months ago and our love affair is growing stronger with every mile we spend together.

Cycling has taught me a few insightful things thus far,

My personal facilities for loyalty and dedication to an object are infinite, limited only by my experiences directly attributed to that object.

My experiences directly attributed to my bicycle have been profound. Long journeys, limited only by ones self, allows for self discovery, conflict negotiation, development of self reliance, and spiritual growth.

Hence,

Cycling = Life

Cheers and thanks for having me.