View Single Post
Old 07-06-14, 02:44 PM
IAmSam

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 136 Posts
Who here has Campagnolo Shamal wheels?

How do you like them? I usually am not much for heavier(?) “aero” rims, but can you please tell me how you think they ride?

I have been waffling about what to do for wheels on my Cinelli Pista for quite awhile now. When I first got this frame I was bound & determined that I was going to put Shamals on it. For the full-blown Italophile build that I gotta have...what could be more fitting, amiright? But I kept missing out on any decent deal on them & my innate thriftiness wouldn’t let me just throw a buttload of money at a set, so I revised my wants.

Shifted my sights to some old-school box section Campag rims, ala Omegas or Lambdas, to go with low flange Record rear track hub & whatever group front road hub which are easy to get. I figured with modern butted spokes it would make for a pretty good all-around wheelset that fit my Italo-centric desires close enough. But I got involved in other projects & let it slide.

Now…after a few more adjustments. I am going to ride my bike, with Jap wheels & sundry other bastard parts on an ultra-distance charity challenge ride next weekend. Then nothing will stop my quest for the perfect wheelset for my perfect(?) bike

Guess what? Now a pretty nice set of road Shamals, at a very decent price, is there for the taking. But that means I’ll have to come up with a 16h rear track hub, which is difficult but not impossible…

Should I jump on those suckas?